Thursday 11 December 2014

Hey Everyone,
I have just finished the tournament and things went better than the first two days. Yesterday I played 100 times better than the first two days but couldn't capitalise ion a few opportunities and then made a couple of mistakes and paid the price. I shot a 78, but actually played like a professional golfer. I had played really quite well all day and made a soft double on the 18th. I missed the green long and I basically had no shot. I was fuming, I signed my score card and went straight to the range. My first two shots were basically the hardest I've ever tried to hit the ball I was so frustrated. Once I got that out I was able to realise the positives from the day. I was disappointed that I hadn't made much ground but not all was lost as I felt that I had made some big improvements.

Today I teed off just before 10 am and I played with two Scottish girls, the highlight of the day was that I had a hole in one on our second hole the actual 11th, I hit a 5 iron 154m and it was actually the best shot I've hit in a long time. It was the perfect flight, it landed about 3m short of the flag and rolled in. I played ok for the remainder of the round, but a 79 was the best I could come up with. I think that the course this week is probably the toughest golf course I've ever played. The rough was super thick, and the course was playing so much longer than its yardage. Rory told me that there were a few of the players complaining about the course set up to the Ladies European Tour as the scoring reflected it was a tough track.
Although this year I didn't do anywhere near as well as I had wanted  to I learnt some extremely valuable information about what will help me become a strong touring professional. I have around 6 Pro-ams to play in over January and I have also been fortunate to gain spots into the Australian Ladies Masters and NZ Open.  

I will keep you all posted as to what I'm up to and I appreciate all the support.
Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment