Sunday 7 December 2014

Hey everyone! Hope you are all well. I am good, I have been in Morocco for 3 days now. Our first round starts tomorrow. I made a friend from England, we are staying in the same hotel and decided to walk the course on Saturday as we weren't allowed to play due to the rain in the past week. At first glance the course looked quite long, so solid ball striking will be a key component to scoring well. The fairways are great, rather narrow but the grass is in good condition. After walking the course I did quite a bit of short game practice as my coach said "Grace do shitloads of short game work, and once you have done that do some more." I kept that in mind!
So today we had an actual practice round, I met Rory who will be caddying for me at the course. There are shuttle buses that pick us up and drop us off each day. We had a productive day, mapping out the course and hitting shots into each hole. After the round we had some lunch and then I went and hit a few more balls on the range. When I got back to the motel, I went up to the top floor where there is a pool and put my legs in the water as a recovery type thing.The water was really cold but anything that I think can help me over the week I will always do!
I'm looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead, I know I will be nervous tomorrow but that's because I want to do well. Whatever happens I will take it in my stride and continue to work hard to achieve my dreams.
Thanks again to everyone for your support.
Il keep you all posted love Gracie

1 comment: